Thursday, May 14, 2009

DIY vs. The "Couture" Experience



We have been quite busy with prom season, lots of champagne parties and graduations invites coupled with our regular wedding invitation business. Fun, exciting custom invitations always reminds me and challenges me to creatively express my clients visions. While I love designing original designs, I do realize custom or "couture experiences" are not always feasible especially in this economy.

This is why {DIY} do-it-yourself projects are becoming very popular and almost the preferred method of sending announcements of upcoming nupitals.

When we sit down with a couple to discuss their vision, theme, personality and overall feel for their wedding, the first question I ask is "how do you want your guests to view your unique personalities?" This is an important point because once the Save-The-Date is sent is gives the guests a glimpse of the celebration tone and theme to come. It gets the guests excited of the wonderful event to come.

Stay tuned for more pros & cons of DIY vs. Couture invitations.

So Fabuluxe!
Couture. Luxury. Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment